After a few months of restrictive dieting and crashing, I don’t remember how but something finally clicked. Somehow starving, restricting, calorie counting, constant weigh-ins slowly replaced itself with healthy living.
I started to run and educate myself more on fitness and healthy eating. Instead of comparing myself to everyone else, I started to focus on me and how to get myself healthier and happier. I’m much better now. I can proudly say I lost weight the healthy way, and still plan on losing those last few pounds the healthy way.
- FIT-AS-CAN-BE (healthy weight loss)
- THINSUMMERFLOWER (healthy weight loss - I basically reblog thinspo, healthy food, motivatonal quotes and some fashion, too)
- LOVEHANDLES-BEGONE (healthy weight loss)
- ITSSWEETTOBEME (healthy weight loss)
- Y0UNGWILDNFIT ( blog about my quest to a life full of happiness, good nutrition and overall fitness)
- LUCKY-HEALTHY-ME (healthy weight loss)
- YOUCANDOTHIS-3705 (fitspiration/weight loss blog)
- THISTIMEIW0NTQUIT (healthy weight loss)
PS: most of the (healthy weight loss)* are a good source of fitspo too!
Stay healthy! xx
My post workout sandwich -
just 1 rusk toast; 1 egg (it’s shaped like that because it’s cooked in the microwave); slice tomatoe; slice cucumbar :D
quite silly - but it has 10g carbs 10g proteins and only 7g fat - 140 cals
(btw: I did the 30 day shred - level one)
At the very beginning of my weight loss journey I idly watched a movie called The secret. Long story short, it is a movie about the Law of Attraction and how the power of our imagination and visualization can help us achieve our dreams and goals in life.
This movie helped me a lot! I’m still not sure if this visualization thing really works but I gave it a try.
I practised visualizing - for just a couple of minutes per day I just lay in my bed (or stay in front of the mirror), close my eyes, and say "It’s the end of the year 2012 and I weight ??? pounds", then I’d just start walking around, feeling good in my skin, believing I really weight ??? pounds. This kind of sounds silly but it really helps me when I’m not motivated, or when I’m in doubt about working out.
So today I found an article “How to use visualisation for weight loss” and I’d like to share it :)
* What is Visualization? *
We all visualize whether or not we’re aware of it. Anything you’ve wanted and received in your life first began with a picture in your mind. Think of other goals you’ve accomplished. You created the vision first. For example, you first held the image of seeing yourself in a particular job, or driving a certain car.
Visualization is the process of deliberately using your imagination to create a mental model in your mind. The mind doesn’t know the difference between what is real and what is imagined, so when you visualize your subconscious encodes this new picture as if it actually happened. This helps you build confidence, keeps your mind focused on your goal and pre-paves the way for you to intuitively move in the direction of what you want.
* HOW TO? *
- Sit or lie down comfortably. Close your eyes. Breathe deeply for several moments to relax.
- Now, picture yourself at your goal weight or a weight you can easily see yourself reaching.
- Notice the feelings and sensations associated with this image. For example, see yourself walking along a street feeling confident as you move your body with ease.
- After three to five minutes, gently open your eyes. Continue longer if you prefer.
We all imagine in different ways. Some people are more visual, others more kinesthetic. If you’re unable to “see” a clear mental picture, that’s OK. Just get a sense of the experience in whatever way feels natural to you.
Connecting with your feelings as you visualize strengthens its effects. For example, feel that sense of confidence at reaching your goal weight.Commit to a daily practice, perhaps visualizing as you lie in bed in the morning or before falling asleep at night.
* Uses of Visualization *
Here’s the fun part. Following the basic formula above, use visualization to “mentally rehearse” your desired behaviors. Here are some suggestions:
- Create New Habits: visualize yourself eating more fruits and vegetables, or taking daily walks.
- Problem Solving: See yourself confidently managing challenging situations. For example, visualize yourself focused on eating your healthy lunch and disinterested when offered sweets in the office lunch room.
- Emotional Eating: Visualize yourself successfully using strategies other than food when feeling overwhelmed. For example, imagine calming yourself by breathing deeply and then writing in your journal to release your feelings.
- Goal Setting: Visualize wearing smaller sized clothing, releasing the next five or ten pounds or walking one mile on the tread mill.
Have you tried this? Did it work? Share your story here?
I think it helps me - at least it keeps my mind busy with happy thoughts.
The whole article - here
More about creative visualization - here
Good morning lovely people :)
I love eating muesli or oatmeal for breakfast. But today I felt like eating some refreshing Cold Yogurt Cucumber Soup called Tarator (it’s a bulgarian dish)
Ingredients - 1/3 grated or chopped cucumbers, 200 grams yogurt (bulgarian or greek), water- (the thickness is down to taste and also depends on how flavorful the yogurt you are using is), some fresh dill and 1/2 tsp vinegar.
(Optional) You can also add : salt on taste, 1/2 tsp oil, garlic, crushed walnuts , actually water is optional too
This cold soup is among Bulgarians favorite foods for the summer. Because it’s served cold (sometimes even with ice cubes) and it’s very refreshing on a hot day. It is served as a first course instead of a salad or between meals as refreshment. You might even see it served in a glass.
*here it looks far more delicious than the one on my picture :D*
Having a great day?
In order to celebrate getting under 200lbs I`m doing this little before and during thing :)
I couldn`t find better full body during picture and I don`t see a big change (besides feeling much much better) but lol i notice face change. I didn`t add a SW full body picture because it`s just 5-10 lbs difference between my HW and SW.
Healthy eating and working out FTW